Here's what we have for the week
- Thai Beverage has proposed a spin-off listing of its brewery unit.
- Cahya Mata Sarawak, the company closed related to the ruling family of Sarawak, is selling its entire 25% stakes in OM Materials (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd (OM Sarawak) and OM Materials (Samalaju) Sdn Bhd (OM Samalaju) to OM Materials (S) Pte Ltd (OMS) for a combined US$120 million
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring
- Palm Oil Plantation company, Matang Bhd had proposed to raise RM22.59 million via a proposed private placement of up to 217.2 million shares to fund the acquisition of a new plantation.
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Boustead Projects Ltd is venturing into the Vietnam market via acquiring a portfolio of logistics and industrial properties.
- Thong Guan Industries is investing RM 150 million to increase its production capacity to 230,000 tonnes per annum from 180,000 tonnes in 2021.
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Why Malaysia banks’ share price is so sluggish when the interest rate is rising. (Read Full Story)
- Companies that deliver outstanding quarter results during Apr 2022. (Read Full Story)
News we are reading
- HSBC is splitting its Asia business. This makes sense in a political context when the tension between the West and the East is escalating and HSBC is struggling between these 2 powers to do business. (Reuters)
- New York Stock Exchange parent Intercontinental Exchange (ICE.N) said on Wednesday it will acquire Black Knight (BKI.N) in a deal valuing the mortgage-lending software and data analytics firm at $13.1 billion. (Reuters)
- U.S. adds cryptocurrency mixer Blender to sanctions list over alleged North Korea links. (Reuters)