Here's what we have for the week
Nasdaq Composite Index surged on Thursday
- China ease Covid quarantine rules, Russia's retreat from Kherson, Ukraine, and lower-than-expected US CPI figures had excited the market.
- FTX, the world's third-largest crypto exchange, is facing a Lehman moment.
Real Estate Industry
- Queensbay Mall in Penang had been acquired by Capitaland Malaysia Trust for RM 990.5 million.
- Paragon Globe Bhd, the Johor-based property developer is acquiring land in Taman Desa Cemerlang, Johor Bahru to develop it into an industrial park.
- Euro Holdings, WMG Holdings, and Pan Malaysia Corp are disposing of their land in the last week.
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring/Restructuring/Proposed Listing
- Renewable Energy player, Cypark Resources is raising RM 73.36 via a share placement.
- Niche Capital Emas Holdings Bhd is proposing a private placement to raise up to RM37.66 million to fund its mining business and working capital.
* Golden Energy and Resources Assets in Indonesia
- Coal miner, Golden Energy and Resources Ltd has received privatisation offer that involves a pure cash deal or a cash plus share deal.
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Fraser & Neave Holdings Bhd had allocated RM 800 million for its acquisition of agricultural land in Gemas for plans for its upstream fresh milk business.
- Sime Darby Oils is investing over US$150 million for the construction of a new specialty oils and fats refinery in Sumatra.
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Glossary for Oil Shipping Industry.(Read Full Story)
- The major players that are funding the blockchain industry are categorized into different fields. (Read Full Story)
- Factors affecting gold price. (Read Full Story)
News we are reading
- Besides China, property companies in South Korea, Vietnam and Indonesia are slumping. (The Edge)