- Petronas Chemical is acquiring a leading specialty chemicals group Perstorp Holdings AB from Financière Forêt SARL for a base purchase of €1.538 billion cash.
- Silterra, a subsidiary of Dnex has inked an MOU with Foxconn to set up a 12-inch wafer fabrication plant in Malaysia, capable of producing up to 40,000 wafers per month in 28-nanometer and 40-nanometer technology.
Real Estate Industry
- Teck Guan Perdana is expanding its land bank by acquiring a piece of 500 acres land in Sandakan.
- Frasers Logistics & Commercial Trust is acquiring commercial property in Victoria, Australia.
- Centurion Corp is acquiring a student accommodation asset in Nottingham, UK.
- ABR Holdings is buying 5 units of shophouses located at Club Street, Singapore for SGD 25.87 million.
- DHL Express has relocated its Prai service center to a larger, RM13 million facility at the Batu Kawan Industrial Park here to cater to the bigger demand for international shipping by businesses in the northern states.
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd has inked a strategic partnership with South Korea's SK ecoplant Co Ltd, which the latter taking up a 30% stake in Khazanah's waste-management investee company Cenviro Sdn Bhd.
- Work resume for Changi Airport Terminal 5 (T5) Expansion Plan after a halt during the pandemic.
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring
- Seroja Investments Ltd is proposing to acquire Denway Development Ltd for USD 2 billion totally satisfied via the issuance of new shares at SGD 0.5 per share.
- Dataprep Holdings is undertaking a private placement of new shares to raise up to RM16.28 million via the issuance of 67.82 million shares.
- Melaka-based developer, Yong Tai Bhd is settling its debt with 19 creditors via the issuance of new shares at RM 0.50 per share.
- TTJ Holdings Ltd has received a voluntary conditional cash offer at SGD 0.23 per share.
- Hwa Hong Corp has received a voluntary conditional cash offer at SGD 0.37 per share.
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Pharmaniaga is setting up a RM 300 million halal insulin and vaccine plant in Puchong, Selangor.
- 25%-owned associate PT Bintan Alumina Indonesia of Press Metal Aluminium Holdings is doubling the capacity of alumina to 2 million tonnes per annum.
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Importance of HKD peg and the implications of unpeg. (Read Full Story)
- Snapshot of Malaysia Brokerage Industry. (Read Full Story)
- This indicator is hinting that the commodity boom may be over. (Read Full Story)
- Some hints from Copper prices and inventory level (Read Full Story)
News we are reading
- The worldwide leader in quartz material fabrication for the semiconductor industry, Ferrotec (USA) Corporation has committed to investing more than RM500 million in new investment in Kulim Hi-Tech Park, Malaysia. (The Edge)
- Tesla was kicked out of the S&P 500′s ESG index (CNBC)
- Indonesia will lift its three-week-old palm oil export ban from 23 May 2022 due to improvements in its domestic cooking oil supply. (Reuters)
- Brazilian sugar cane mills are canceling some sugar export contracts and diverting production to ethanol to cash in on high energy prices, raising concerns over a sugar shortage. (Reuters)