- Keppel Corporation has entered into definitive agreements with Sembcorp Marine for the proposed combination of Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M) and SembMarine. Keppel O&M will pay $500 million cash to Keppel immediately prior to the transaction. The agreed equity value exchange ratio will result in Keppel and its shareholders owning 56% of the Combined Entity and Sembcorp Marine shareholders owning 44% on completion. The terms value Keppel O&M at approximately $4.87 billion. Upon the successful completion of the proposed combination, Keppel will distribute 46% of the shares in the combined entity to its shareholders.
- Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) has announced the five successful applicants for a digital bank licence. The five are: a consortium of Boost Holdings Sdn Bhd (Axiata Group Bhd) and RHB Bank Bhd; a consortium led by GXS Bank Pte Ltd (Singtel & Grab) and Kuok Brothers Sdn Bhd; a consortium led by Sea Ltd (Shopee) and YTL Digital Capital Sdn Bhd (YTL Corp Bhd); a consortium of AEON Financial Service Co Ltd, it's subsidiary AEON Credit Service (M) Bhd and MoneyLion Inc; and a consortium comprising KAF Investment Bank Sdn Bhd, Money Match, Carsome and Jirnexu (Ringgit Plus)
Real Estate Industry
- TWL Holdings Berhad, formerly known as Tiger Synergy Bhd is acquiring land located at Taman Perindustrian Bukit Serdang via the issuance of new shares.
- Wee Hur Holdings is disposing of its Australia purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) portfolio for A$567.9 million
- Malaysia MRT Corp has started inviting prospective companies to participate in the request for proposal (RFP) for the Mass Rapid Transit 3 (MRT3) Circle Line project management consultancy services work package.
- GDS Holdings Ltd, a leading developer and operator of high-performance data centers in China, will develop a “hyper-scale” data center campus at Nusajaya Tech Park, Iskandar Puteri, with an investment of RM1.38bil. the hyper-scale data centre campus would involve a total net floor area of about 22,500 sq m with 54 MW of total IT power capacity.
Cash Call/ Restructuring
- Malaysia and Singapore liquor distributors, Luen Heng and Octopus Distribution Network are taking the listing status of Ascent Bridge Ltd via an RTO.
- Barakah Offshore has proposed to raise RM 40 million via rights issues and a capital reduction of RM197.7 million to reduce the share capital and accumulated losses of the company as part of its regularisation plan.
- Property developer, SP Setia Bhd has proposed to raise RM 1.18 billion via the issuance of new preference shares for the purpose of redeeming the prior batch of preference shares and also to repay borrowings.
- Apac Realty, the holding company of real estate agency ERA, has received an unconditional mandatory general offer to acquire the remaining 40.2% shares from Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia @ SGD 0.61 per share
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Fraser & Neave is acquiring a huge piece of land located at Gemas for RM 215 million. The land will be used to embark on the group’s upstream milk business.
- Petronas Gas has set aside RM 1.4 billion in capital expenditure. The fund will be channelled to a 42km lateral gas pipeline to Pulau Indah, new oxyalkylate facilities, a new lateral gas pipeline in Sepang, the Southern Peninsular Gas Utilisation expansion, new compressor station in Kluang and the Terengganu Crude Oil Terminal off-gas rerouting project in Kerteh.
- Nasdaq-listed printed circuit boards (PCBs), radio frequency (RF) components and RF microwave/microelectronic assemblies manufacturer TTM Technologies Inc is investing US$130 million to set up a plant in Penang. It will be built upon approximately 27 acres of industrial land at Penang Science Park.
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Why MYR is plunging so fast? (Read Full Story)
- Industries benefitting from a weak MYR (Read Full Story)
- Why do we think the hype for semiconductor stocks and cryptocurrency is fading. (Read Full Story)
- What are the implications of Malaysia 10 year bond’s price fall? (Read Full Story)
- Why do some of the shopping malls turn out to be a failed projects? (Read Full Story)