For the period Oct 2021, the companies that delivered outstanding quarter results are mainly from the semiconductor, Tobacco, Logistics, and REITs industries.
|Stock||Revenue (RM'000)||Net Profit (RM'000)||QoQ (%)||YoY (%)||Remark|
|BSLCORP||30,975||4,719||349%||94%||1. a higher profit before tax for Q4FY2021 against Q4FY2020 due to the share of profit of associate during the period of RM4.25million and a fair value gain on the transfer of the investment in associate to other investment of RM1.1million.|
2. QoQ - lower revenue and operating profit were due to the lesser operational days in Q4FY2021 as a result of the EMCO
|WPRTS||504,891||199,056||12%||-2%||1. QoQ - was mainly attributed to the growth in container revenue.|
|ASTRA||9,008||2,953||70%||-8%||1. YoY - This is mainly due to increase in sales volume of seasonings products.|
2. YoY - The decrease in PBT is mainly due to loan interests recognised during the current financial period
*QoQ reason not provided
|CHINTEK||51,751||16,539||-27%||21%||1. due to significant increases in the average selling prices of ffb, CPO and PK even though the sales volume decreased.|
|ANCOM||404,729||9,040||19%||195%||1. Investment holdings - due to higher revenue generated from IT businesses,|
2. Agricultural Chemicals - due to higher export sales
3. Industrial Chemical - mainly attributed to higher sales by its distribution business as a result of higher average selling prices for its products.
|SAMCHEM||272,814||12,609||-34%||33%||1. QoQ - The revenue decrease is due to a decrease in sales volume in the current quarter under review compared to the corresponding quarter.|
2. YoY - The increase is due to higher average selling prices for the year to date under review.
a) Increases in selling prices of CPO, PK and FFB by 61%, 71% and 73% respectively; and
b) Increases in sales volume of CPO and PK by 17% and 14% respectively
|GENETEC||59,313||16,310||99%||518%||1. QoQ, YoY - This is mainly due to higher sales volume achieved and improved operational efficiency.|
|CEPAT||103,882||11,616||23%||117%||1. QoQ , YoY|
Plantation - mainly due to a substantial increase in average FFB selling price by 74% while FFB production remained almost unchanged.
Oil Mill - mainly due to increase in FFB Processed by 12% and higher mill margin with improvement in Mill OER from 19.78% to 20.40%.
|KOSSAN||1,302,768||528,203||-50%||51%||1. impacted by the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) imposed|
|PANTECH||136,490||15,305||1%||43%||1. The higher revenue and segment profit before tax was mainly due to optimised trading operations during current 6 months period compared to partial operation restricted by MCO imposed by the government last year.|
|VITROX||168,293||42,211||-17%||42%||1. In tandem with the Group’s higher revenue|
|ESCERAM||25,473||9,442||-35%||195%||1. In tandem with the increase in revenue and higher average selling price.|
2. The Group’s current quarter profit before taxation of approximately RM10.41 million has decreased by 43.02% as compared in the immediate preceding quarter. This was in tandem with the decrease in revenue and production ouput due to COVID-19 infection cases and factories shutdown.